Thursday, April 5, 2012

Coulda,Shoulda,Woulda's Opposite Is?


Each and every time we don't do something that we had a previous thought to do what is the first thing we say.  Oh, I could have done this, I should have, or if given the chance, I would have done so-in-so.
 Good news, if your reading this that means that your not dead and you have options.  At this very moment that I am writing this, I forget where I heard that, but I know that it stuck with me. "A dead person has no options that is."  If I think of where I heard it, I'll post it later.  Deal?

The idea for this blog came to me quite some time ago, and I figured now is a great time to just go ahead and get it done.  With two civil actions pending in a United States District Court I have been able to easily justify my procrastination of getting this blog up and running. But I don't want to carry around the baggage of what I coulda wrote.

On the other hand I would dread seeing a blog that's similar to my idea  become the talk of the "internet town," and I'm left saying, "I knew I shoulda done that."

Then there is always the age old, if only I woulda.  I'm not going out like that people, thanks to hearing that the dead have no options, I'm going to take advantage of every second to do.  Do, done, and did are the opposite of "coulda-shoulda-woulda.
 Sometimes there is enjoyment in just watching what others are doing and this becomes our "do" for that moment.  Think about this.  If some one asked you right now, what are you doing, and you were honest and told them, "reading 'I Do We Do' online," guess what reading I Do We Do has just become what you are doing and if you do it a lot, people will start to tell you: "all you do is read I Do We Do, that's all you do."

You might expect me to tell you that that would be a good thing, but that's not what I'm about, nor would I promote that because here on earth there are so many things to do that you and I could never begin to chronicle them all.   But I have decided to create a site where all can come to tell what they do, did, plan on doing, or have done.

You and I both have Guy Kawasaki's book "What the Plus" to thank for this inspiration.  I thank him for the nudge and you may want to thank him if this site grows to become a place that you turn to during your web adventures.

Guy Kawasaki wrote about a situation in an elevator wherein one person asks another "who are you, and what do you do?" Mr. Kawasaki termed the response to that question the answer's "personal elevator pitch."
 From that I thought, Hmm, he's right because what do you do has become an "introduction" so to speak. So what we do is important, and I have decided that this blog is "The who, what, where, when, and why we do, did, plan on doing, or can do in this world blog."  I have missed out on doing a lot, but then we all have times when we don't know what to do. Come here to find out from now one when you reach that state.

I gained further inspiration from Cigar Bob (GQ Gent), he's my brother and he needed something to do, so he started a page on Facebook about cigar's. All I can say is WOW! You'll be amazed at how fast he was able to find friends based upon the interest of cigars.

So, in that same vein, I'll invite you to click over to "I Do We Do's" Facebook  and share whatever you do. If you have a business, a great job, a hot date, tickets to a show you can't wait to see, whatever you want to share go ahead and post it.  From those post I will write about the interesting things that catch my eye.

The National Enquirer, say enquiring minds want to know, well here at I Do We Do we'll say that we're "not nosey just wanna know," why? Maybe someone else needs something to do and they can get inspiration from you.

I could go on and on, and risk loosing you before we get started, but I hope you see where I'm going with this and at this stage I can't give to much away, so please take a chance, join in on Facebook and bookmark or subscribe to the right. I look forward to seeing and hearing from you. Let's do some stuff!
 Thank You for viewing, tell a friend or two!
I Do We Do!

No comments:

Post a Comment